The International Women Coffee Alliance – IWCA Brazil
The International Women Coffee Alliance – IWCA Brazil – is a network of women involved in all coffee agribusiness – from bean to cup. It is a connection forum to exchange experiences and knowledge. Thus, it inspires and empowers women through access to training, learning and information. It also advocates reducing barriers for women, providing access to markets and represents women in national and international forums, making visible the role of women involved in the whole chain of coffee business.
Main Auditorium / Free (a donation of BrR$ 30 for IWCA funding will be asked at the spot or this link)
Suitable for: cooperatives, producers, agronomic engineers, farming techniques, agronomy students, roasters, coffee traders, exporters, coffee classifiers, entrepreneurs, owners of coffee shops and baristas
8am: Welcome Message from President Cíntia Matos and IWCA Brazil Board of Directors
8:20am: Institutional Video IWCA Brasil
8:30am: Lecture with José Sette – Executive Director of the International Coffee Organization (ICO)
9:00am: Panel on “The role of women in the value chain of the agroindustrial coffee system with moderator Mariana Proença, director of content for Café Editora and Espresso Magazine
– Anna Illy of the illycaffè family business, responsible for relations with producers in the supplier countries
– Jessica do Carmo, an agronomist, attends a group of 30 women in the Matas de Minas Region in the ATG Senar project
– Jackeline Uliana Donna, Fairtrade certification specialist
– Miriam Monteiro, coffee producer at Fazenda Cachoeira, exporter at Apará and vice president of IWCA Brasil
– Gisele Coutinho, journalist and entrepreneur at Pura Caffeina, specialty coffee company with home delivery
– Nara Tedesco, agronomist, director of Incaper
– Enrique Anastácio Alves, Embrapa Rondônia coffee researcher
10:30am: Florada Project – Trajectory and Florada Contest Awarded with Pedro Lima, president of Grupo Café 3 Corações.
* Schedule subject to change without prior notice.